Thursday, April 30, 2015

Henry the Horse Dances the Waltz








The other day (18th of April, to be exact), my beautiful friend Alex and I went to the races at Royal Randwick Racecourse. 

We spent the day tottering about the grounds, being lucky enough to score free members tickets and then to get a table (for free) that usually costs $110 a head!! 

Alex and I watched every race, marvelling at the strength of the muscles and the teeny tiny jockeys! For ethical reasons, I myself didn't bet on any horses, but Alex did - if you can call them bets! She bet between 50 cents and $1 on every race but had so much fun!

The part I really enjoyed most was people watching. There are literally thousands of people - gorgeous men suited up, and wonderful ladies with their heels and fascinators. 

My own dress was a super bargain at only $10 from a boutique, with my Steve Madden heels and vintage clutch. 

It truly felt like spring, even though this was the last day of the Autumn racing carnival! A girl can dream though!






No comments:

Post a Comment